Project: Influencing party manifestoes for the enhancement of private sector growth, competitiveness and profitability.
Activity: Development of a consolidated report on the respective private sector recommendations support by scenario analysis
Terms of Reference for the Engagement of Consultant
The Federation with Funding support from Star Ghana Foundation is implementing a twelve (12) months project to influence political party manifestoes to adopt various recommendations sensitive to local private sector operations for implementation when voted into power.
The main objectives of the project are as follows;
• Influence political party manifestoes
• Advocate for the adoption and implementation of various recommendations from the private sector by the winning Presidential candidate and his government
• Advocate the establishment of District Business Councils across all districts (DBCs as a monitoring mechanism)
As part of the project implementation, PEF is seeking the services of an experienced consultant to consolidate various recommendations from the private sector and subsequently develop scenario analysis to support the proposed recommendations to be presented to respective political parties for consideration into their party manifestoes.
The specific objectives of the assignment are:
- To review various research conducted by PEF
- Consolidate recommendations into one report and subsequently develop the recommendations into policy briefs supported with scenario analysis.
- Present the consolidated report/policy brief to respective political parties
3.0 Scope of work/Terms of Reference
The consultant will be required to undertake the following:
- Review of existing documents, research studies and evaluations.
- Submit a draft report to PEF for review.
- Present draft report to private sector participants at five locations.
- Submit a revised report to PEF.
- Present the final document to respective stakeholders at different meetings (including fora with Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates) to be organized by PEF.
4.0 Expected Outputs
- Comprehensive consolidated report detailing various recommendations to be presented to respective political parties.
- Validation meetings organized at five locations and inputs from stakeholders documented and included in the final report
PEF retains sole rights concerning the distribution, dissemination, and publication of all deliverables.
- An expert who understands private sector operations and policy formulation process.
- Expert knowledge of good governance, tax administration and anti-corruption in Ghana
- A minimum of five years of research experience
- Significant experience in undertaking a similar assignment
- Be skilled in various research techniques (qualitative and quantitative)
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in compliance with strict guidelines
- Understanding of corporate and commercial law and practice
The consultant will be required to submit a final report to the Federation by 31st July 2020. The consultant is required to participate in series of meetings (in five regions) scheduled for July 2020. Beyond this, the consultant will be expeced to deliver presentations at different dates to various stakeholder groups.
All interested and qualified applicants should apply by sending the following:
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A technical proposal outlining with the research approach, a detailed work plan and a budget for consideration.
The Chief Executive Officer
Private Enterprise Federation
By hand delivery at H/No 7 Prempeh II Street, GIMPA- Green Street Accra.
The Title/Subject on the envelope or e-mail should be INFLUENCING PARTY MANIFESTOES FOR THE ENHANCEMENT OF PRIVATE SECTOR GROWTH, COMPETITIVENESS AND PROFITABILITY.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is Monday, June 29 2020. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.