By accessing this site, certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through the Site, the software used and the time spent, along with other similar information, will be stored on PEF’s servers. These will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis. If the User provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will be used only for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. PEF, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “your school.edu.gh or your school.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the Private Enterprise Federation website from another website, the address of that website.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. This is not the case at PEF.gov.gh, where we only use non-persistent cookies or “per-session cookies.” These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are erased as soon as you leave our website.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through PEF.gov.gh. These cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. PEF.gov.gh’s cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information, as in an e-mail to the CEO or someone else or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our website, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us locate for you the information you have requested. We treat e-mails the same way that we regard letters sent to the Private Enterprise Federation. We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. Moreover, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any private organizations. The Private Enterprise Federation does not collect information for commercial marketing.
Links to Other Sites
Information presented on the PEF website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the laws of Ghana.
Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
PEF conduct privacy impact assessments for electronic information systems and collections and, in general, may make them publicly available when required.
A PIA is an analysis of how information is handled: (i) to ensure handling conforms to applicable legal, regulatory, and policy requirements regarding privacy, (ii) to determine the risks and effects of collecting, maintaining and disseminating information in identifiable form in an electronic information system, and (iii) to examine and evaluate protections and alternative processes for handling information to mitigate potential privacy risks.
Comments or Questions